What bridal beauty looks will be making their mark on the wedding scene in 2015? Our beauty experts Ann-Marie Carey, Judy Wong and Laura Kay share their bridal makeup trend predictions for the year ahead!
Ann-Marie Carey Bridal Makeup Artist – View Profile
For 2015 I see brides taking inspiration from the bridal shows from some of the top designers including Monique Lhuillier, Elizabeth Stuart, Stone Fox Bride, Oscar de la Renta, Carolina Herrera, Pamela Roland and Pronovias.
1. Coral/Orange lips were huge at the bridal shows and give a nice alternative to the usual nude glossy lips we’ve seen brides opting for, for the last few years.
2. ‘Just Bitten Lips’ are gorgeously pretty on brides as they add a pop of colour to the lips without being structured and defined which lets the bride’s eyes do all the talking.The ‘Just Bitten’ look can be achieved using hues of pink, red and burgundy depending on skin tone and colouring of the bride.
3. Contouring is still constantly requested by brides but in a more subtle style which enhances features like the cheekbones, temples, nose and gives the face more definition.
4. There will still be soft smokey eye makeup requests along with lashes and liner but I feel we are moving towards the more romantic look and not so severe and made up. As brides go softer on hairstyles, the makeup looks will follow suit.
5. For winter brides the trend will lean towards a burgundy strong lip and soft eye makeup giving a striking yet beautiful bridal look. Metallics and fine shimmers/glitters will once again make an appearance for brides in Autumn which adds a festive yet romantic feel.
Image credits: Top left, image courtesy of Keiko Lynn | Top right, image courtesy of Monique Lhuillier | Bottom right, image of Miranda Kerr via Glam Radar | Bottom left, image courtesy of Claire Pettibone
Laura Kay Makeup – View Profile
The trends for makeup in 2015 have seen a shift, gone are the incredibly heavy brows and OTT contouring – Phew!! Everything is a lot softer and more romantic. It’s more about bringing forth natural beauty, contouring is still here and isn’t going anywhere, but it’s much more subtle and wearable. It’s all about buffed and pretty eye makeup with a shimmery finish. Then adding a pop of peach to the lips and cheeks.
Heading into the winter the lips are a little darker, but with more of a berry red than the vibrant hues we’ve seen over the last number of years. You may be scared about trying something like this, however, if you find a colour you love; apply it to your lips then gently wipe off. Add a lip conditioner over the top and you’ll have the stain left on your lips and a more wearable, kissable finish. This is totally up my street – I love making the bride the focus of everyone’s attention – NOT the make-up.
Image credits: Top, image courtesy of Give Us a Goo Photography, makeup by Laura Kay | Bottom right, image courtesy of Katie Kav Photography, makeup by Laura Kay | Bottom left, image via Confetti – Image by Paula O’Hara Photography, makeup by Laura Kay
Judy Wong Makeup Artistry – View Profile
Makeup for 2015 will be extremely ethereal, full of glistening elements and a touch of magic sparkle that will come from the bride’s skin finish. We are seeing an even more romantic Botticelli visual, where the bride’s skin is super natural and reflective and glows. And the romance comes from the texture and colours used on the skin. We really want to emulate a healthy base so brides feel confident.
The neutral eye palette is still around in 2015 but with warmth and some candy floss tones to add a bit of youthfulness to the eyes. You will see eyes looking more fresh and full of peachier and prettier neutrals.
Fuller corner lashes are great for the extension of the eye shape and really opening the eyes as opposed to the strip lash, individual lashes or semi permanent lashes that work across the whole band of the eyelashes and can seem heavy and dramatic. We want a more modern feel to the lashes for 2015. A light, fluffy and sophisticated effect, yet still bringing the eyes to a whole new level.
Charlotte Tilbury Film Star Bronze & Glow is my favourite product for seamless and flawless contouring – it is great for highlighting and sculpting. I love this texture because it is a powder that goes on like it’s a cream and the tone is perfect for all skin types. It is really important to show off the bone structure of your face and bring out the bride’s individual shape of her face. It is reflective with no sparkle but more of a sexy beautiful sheen. It finishes your skin so well.
The 2015 lip trend for bridal makeup goes back to the 90s lip looks and what is getting extremely popular is the warmer and spicier lip liners like Mac’s Subculture or Whirl lip-liners. Draw outside the lip shape and apply a warm pink or pinky brown nude tone lipstick. I love peach or coral glosses to accent the lipsticks also, so the lips have a fullness and maturity to them without being overdone of course.
The 2015 wedding palette will be full of romantic tones to reflect the mood of your gorgeous illuminating skin and modern perkier neutral eye makeup. Top Tip for 2015 is to bring your skin to the happy zone and everything will follow suit! Start investing into a good routine, it is worth it when you see the makeup glide on and last so long into the night of the wedding!
Image credits: Top image courtesy of Jenny Packham | Bottom right, image courtesy of Marchesa | Bottom left, image courtesy of Reem Acra